Kwame Owura Frimpong.
Exceptionally versatile and counseling professional with extensive experience working with all agesand concerns, serving those with various challenges from diverse backgrounds in different settings.Church Pastor proficient in counseling couples, families, teen mothers, adolescents and children,possessing demonstrable skills in crisis management and strong ability to deeply reach clients indifficult situations and help them as they improve their current condition. Seeking a challengingposition where my professional background and academic credentials can be utilized to servewithin a teaching position.
Ethics of Tele-Mental Health
Assessments and Treatment
Public Health Policies
Education | Published Work.
Doctoral Candidate, Counselor Education with Supervision | Liberty University (MAY 2022)
Courses Taught: Counseling Internship | Counseling Practicum | Counseling Techniques and the Helping Relationship
Relevant Coursework: Advanced Group Counseling | Supervision and & Consultation | Advanced Theory Application | Issues in Integration | Advanced Research Design | Advanced Multivariate Statistics & Quantitative Research | Instruction in Counselor Education | Qualitative Research | Dissemination of Research & Scholarship in Counseling | Advanced Career Counseling | Dissemination of Research & Scholarship in Counseling | Advanced Career Counseling | Counseling Leadership & Advocacy | Ph.D Qualifying Exam | Advanced Psychopathology & Treatment | Teaching Internship | Supervision Internship | Practicum | Advanced Research Seminar
Master of Arts, Marriage and Family Therapy | Liberty University (MAY 2018)
Bachelor of Science, Christian Counseling | Liberty University (MAY 2016)
Founder, Breakthrough Today TV Ministry(Aug 2002 – PRESENT)
Teaching inner healing from the book “the healing of the heart” (JULY2011)
All Nations Church (Loganville, GA) | Pastor of family life ( January 2019 – PRESENT )
Function as the pastor who oversees family life ministry giving oversight to the teams responsible for couples, singles, young adult, and youth challenges, overseeing and supervising the existing Discipleship staff including youth, adult small groups and children
- Support and develop leadership to ministry among couples, singles, teens and offering parenting resources.
- Provide Pastoral care to the congregation as a member of the pastoral team.
- Counsel couples (ages 24-40) on premarital topics, mentoring teens on life skills topics like making God-centered choices and self-esteem.
The Care Counseling Center (Powder Springs, GA) | Practicum/Intern ( JAN 2018 – PRESENT )
Complete all counseling intake procedures, including an assessment of crisis issues, serving a wide diverse population through therapy.
- Assist individuals, couples and families as they work through various emotional and crisis issues, such as divorce, mental disorder, in addition to depression, anxiety, mood disorders.
- Set counseling goal setting and service planning, developing counseling service plan that reflects a course of therapeutic interventions, including identification of achievable goals and measurable outcomes.
- Documented all work as dictated by regulating agencies, tracking behavior of clients.
Barrow Ministry Village (Winder, GA) | Practicum/Internship ( MAR 2018 – PRESENT )
Performed intakes, assessments and evaluations to assess client needs and determine goals for treatment adhering to policies and standards of confidentiality and safety of the clients.
- Wrote treatment and assess client’s needs and provided counseling/talk therapy and treatment to clients.
- Delivered education to others regarding cognitive and behavior therapy to treat clients with depression.
- Successfully employed program structure to help clients reach treatment goals.
Care Psychological (Marietta, GA) | Counseling Volunteer | Practicum/Internship ( OCT 2017 – DEC 2017 )
Anger management strategies for teens, completing comprehensive assessments treatment requirements and preparing individualized, developmentally appropriate treatment plans.
- Provided case management services to monitor and follow up with teens, monitoring their progress in treatment plan.
- Delivered services in accordance with treatment plans in addition to documenting treatment techniques including mood regulation strategies for teens.
- Performed case management and contributing to client care monitoring.
Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) | Substitute Preschool Teacher (JUNE 2002 – AUG 2008)
The Church of the Living God (Fairfax, GA) | Pastor ( MAY 1996 – AUG 2000 )
Related Training | Certifications.
Basic Issues in Sex Therapy, Intermediate and Sex Therapy Course(APR 2018)
Certification,Prepare and Enrich Marriage Counseling(MAY 2018)
Certification,Sex Addition Therapist | Light University (APR 2018)
EMDR trained,Trauma Recovery (JUNE 2018)